Photos by James DiModica and Ryan Taalbi
Music Supervisors (left to right) Mason Cooper, Frank Palazzolo, Jonathan Weiss, Susan Dolan, and Jacob Nathan are all in deep thought as they listen carefully to a TAXI member’s song being played during their feedback panel.
- If you could have a FREE, private, 15-minute-long One-on-One meeting with a music supervisor, a music library executive, a music attorney, a publisher, a producer, a manager, or a successful TV composer, all of whom would be happy to listen to your music and give you advice about what your next steps should be, wouldn’t you go to that meeting?
- If you could spend a weekend with 2,500 musicians who were all sharing what helped them become successful with their music, wouldn’t you go?
- If you could rub elbows and have conversations with about 100 music industry professionals at that same event, wouldn’t you go?
- If you could see how a reality show video editor picks and uses music so you get a deeper understanding of how to create more licensable music, wouldn’t you go see that?
- If you could have a very successful TV music publisher tell you what the Top Ten Things are that prevent your music from being used are, wouldn’t you go hear what she has to say?
- If you could have a shot at pitching your music to Music Supervisors and Music Library Executives during four different panels throughout the weekend, wouldn’t you go do that?
- If you could see Robin Frederick analyze what makes songs work (or not) for Film, TV, and Records, wouldn’t you go learn from her?
- If you could hear a top music supervisor for Film Trailers and TV Promos explain what type of music works best for those big-money opportunities and why, wouldn’t you go hear what he has to say?
- If you could hear a top music supervisor for TV Commercials explain what type of music works best for those high-dollar placements and why, wouldn’t you go hear what he has to say?
- If you could hear some of TAXI’s most successful members explain how they make the time to efficiently produce enough music that they’ve created really nice on-going income streams on a regular basis, wouldn’t you go hear what they have to say?
- If you had a world-class expert (who happens to be a successful TAXI member) tell you how to overcome the fear, anxiety, and procrastination that’s holding your career back, wouldn’t you go learn how to overcome these career-killing obstacles?
- If there were three experts who will tell you how to make your music easier for industry professionals to use it, you’d go to that panel, wouldn’t you go find out what those things are?
- If you could get discounts on the studio gear and software you’ve always wanted, you’d go to that event, wouldn’t you go where those deals are being offered?
- If you could go to a place where you’re almost certain to be surrounded by and feel immediately comfortable with musicians you’ll want to become friends and musical collaborators with, you’d go there, wouldn’t you go there?
Everything we just listed above will be happening (and much more) at the TAXI Road Rally, November 1 – 4 in Los Angeles. The question is, "Why wouldn’t you go?"
And It’s All FREE!
Each and every TAXI member gets two FREE tickets to TAXI’s Road Rally convention! Other events cost as much as $500 for a single ticket. If you’re a TAXI member, you’ll get a ticket for yourself and one for a friend, band mate, co-writer, or your spouse!
This is a great shot showing the detail our members were treated to by video editor Laurel Ostrander during her session in the Grand Ballroom called, How Video Editors choose and Use Music.
Speaking of husbands and wives...
After each Road Rally we get emails like this:
"The entire atmosphere at the Rally is like... one big family. My wife said that she didn't want to leave such a warm environment to go back to the real world. Neither did I."
-Clay Butler, TAXI member
Here’s what other people are saying!
Rich Goldman (Founder, Riptide Music Group) spends some time with TAXI members Sergio Naranjo and Robert Tillis after wrapping up the Music Library panel he had just finished in the Grand Ballroom.
(left to right) Bob Mair (CEO, Black Toast Music) has an impromptu meeting with TAXI members Sergio Naranjo, Chris Hamilton, and Terrell Burt.
The 2018 schedule is coming very soon!
We’re just a few days away from posting the final schedule of events for the 2018 Road Rally. Until we do, you can get a really good idea of what you’ll miss if you don’t join us by looking at last year’s schedule!
Register for TAXI’s 2018 Road Rally
Learn More About The Road Rally
Join TAXI and Get Your Two FREE Rally Tickets
Renew TAXI and Get Your Two FREE Rally Tickets