John Basile is one of a select group of jazz instrumentalists who doesn’t sound like everyone else.
Musically, his guitar style utilizes a finger-style technique that approaches the guitar like a piano.
His labels have produced seven innovative and critically distinguished releases.
Guitar icon Jim Hall says “John Basile’s playing has the essence of great jazz guitar: beautiful tone, marvelous swing, terrific technique, and excellent phrasing. You can’t ask for more!”
- Very Early (Seabreeze 2024) w/ Eddie Gomez - Quiet Passage (ProJazz 627) w/ Tom Harrel, Joey Barron, George Mraz.
- Sunnyside Up (ProJazz 641) w/ Terry Clarke, Paul Socolow, Tom Harrell, Byron Olsen.
- John Basile/Brad Terry Duo (MusicMasters 51244A)
- For All Time (Philology 214W103-2) w/ David Finck, Peter Grant.
- Frankly Speaking: A Jazz Portrait of Sinatra (King Records - Japan) w/ Michael Brecker, John Abercrombie, Grady Tate.
- The Desmond Project (Chesky 165) A tribute to the music and legacy of saxophonist Paul Desmond
- It Was A Very Good Year (UnderhillJazz 001) Trios
- Animations (UnderhillJazz 002) w/ John Abercrombie. Jazz Guitar Duets
- Time Will Reveal (UnderhillJazz 003) w/ David Finck, Clint de Ganon , Joe Locke, Roger Squitero.
- No Apologies (Stringtime Jazz 001) w/ Pat Bianchi , Carmen Intorre
- Amplitudes (Stringtime Jazz 002) Solo Guitar Conversations
- Undercover (Stringtime Jazz 003) Pop/Jazz from the 80's
- Penny Lane (StringTime Jazz 004) A jazz guitar Beatles collection